Faithful 31 Moms Podcast
The Profound Truth Card Set from our Devotional Podcasts is available to purchase. Each set comes with a canvas bag, a stand (shown below) and scripture on the back of each card. They are great to keep around the house and are mom-friendly, with a coating on the cards to protect them from messes.
Joyce Rogers Show Notes
It was a joy having Mrs. Joyce Rogers and Mrs. Buna Sorrell share their wisdom with us about motherhood, marriage, priorities and friendship!
A couple of Mrs. Joyce’s books were mentioned for quotes and stories:
“Anything worthwhile requires a lot of skill, a lot of time and a lot of sacrifice.” That is so true, especially with teaching our children about living for the Lord.” —Joyce Rogers
Thank you both for being Titus 2 women and taking the time to share with us today! Mrs. Joyce you said that, “It is imperative that we provide godly mentoring to this generation—to our generation of children and grandchildren and yes, great- grandchildren.” This is so true and unfortunately does not happen enough. So thank you both for mentoring us some today!
Caroline Saunders Show Notes
Caroline Saunders is so much fun, and I was so encouraged by our time together and hope you will be as well! Find Caroline on social media @writercaroline or for more resources go to www.writercaroline.com
Episode One: Quiet Times for Moms
- Simple Study Bible Binder Download– Caroline has written this as a resource to really take hold of what the Bible is saying in context and to keep your studying organized. www.writercaroline.com
- QUIET TIMES FOR MOMS: “Hold the priority up really high, but hold its shape loosely.” Psalm 63:1- Seek God “earnestly” which means with priority. Mom life will likely not allow your quiet time to look the same everyday, so don’t be discouraged! Hold it loosely but in high priority, so you can come back to it all through the day!
- Story & Soul Weekend: An annual weekend retreat in December for women. A weekend of Scripture, Stillness and Sisterhood. For more information about this event: go to storyandsoulweekend.com or on social media everywhere @storyandsoulweekend
Episode Two: Resources and Readiness to Share Jesus with our Kids
We for sure don’t know everything—but these are some things that have practically worked for us with our children.
1. “Model it!” Let your delight in the Lord be seen and the time you spend with Him, and it will overflow into your kids.
2. “Keep good stuff in reach!” Keep resources on hand around the house. A few Caroline recommends:
- The Jesus Storybook Bible
- The Good Book Company Series: “Tales that Tell the Truth.” Start with The Garden, The Curtain and The Cross or God’s Very Good Idea
- Kaleidoscope Series: Chapter books for kids that retell Bible stories for advanced readers to understand.
- Good Good Father Story Book: Kindle and Audio edition FREE right now!
3. Slow and Meaningful scripture memory: Helps kids build confidence & hide scripture in their hearts.
4. Be ready to DROP EVERYTHING for gospel conversations with your kids!
5. Remember sometimes your kids are taking things in and you may not see it. “Fruit grows so slow and there may be things happening spiritually underground with them, that you can’t see yet.” Observe them and praise the Lord for the way they are uniquely made and how they process information.
*Available September 1st, 2020: Caroline’s Study for teens and young girls: “Better than Life: How to Study the Bible and Like it.” A study of Psalm 63. (Will be available on Amazon) or go to www.writercaroline.com
Mallory Lynch’s Show Notes
Mallory Lynch was college roommate and is a long time friend Mallory Lynch, shares with courage the sad story of losing her twins at birth. She wants to share this story she titled “Beauty from Ashes” to encourage women out there walking through infertility, miscarriage or who have lost children, with the message that even in heartbreak and tragedy that the Lord never leaves you. Jesus is the only one who can redeem you and put the pieces of your heart back together. To connect with Mallory about her story or to talk with her as someone who may understand what you are going through, contact her at Malloryklynch@gmail.com or @malloryklynch on social media.
Episode #10 Part 1 Interview: Mal’s Story Telling of Beauty from Ashes.
- Episode #10: Mallory Lynch’s Story of infertility, a miscarriage and losing her twins at birth. She also share how the Lord is still working on healing her heart and the two beautiful gifts He has given her since this happened in her daughter, Sydney and Son, Oliver.
This is not easy to talk about. Why would Mallory be willing to share this? To help other women walking through these same things that are hurting and feeling hopeless right now. If you know someone that is, share this 2 episode series with them today.
Episode #11 Part 2 Interview: We unpack 2 things.
Episode #11: “Your story may not look like Mallory Lynch’s story…you may have walked through a miscarriage or many miscarriages…or your story may be adoption and the Lord didn’t open your womb for pregnancy and that infertility pain is there—regardless of what your story may be to your journey of motherhood—it is important to know that you ARE A MOTHER WHETHER YOUR BABIES ARE IN HEAVEN, ON EARTH, ADOPTED OR BIOLOGICAL—YOU ARE A MOTHER AND THOSE ARE YOUR BABIE! And there are a lot of women (even when its not talked about) that are going through the same things you are and having the same thought you are having. We are going to unpack some of those thoughts today…”
We unpack two things in this episode:
- Thoughts that are not CRAZY to have when you are walking through the grief of losing a child.
- What to say and do and what NOT to say and do if you have a family member or friend walking through this.
These two things are not talked about enough, so thank you Mallory Lynch for helping me get raw and honest in sharing these!